The National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS) believes that every deaf child and young person should be valued and included by society and have the same opportunities as any other child.
NDCS operates in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Channel Islands and is developing its international work through overseas partners.
We support deaf children, young people and their families by offering services such as:
- Events where parents can learn how to best support their deaf child
- Activities to build the confidence, ability and self esteem of deaf children
- A freephone helpline offering expert advice and support
- Campaigning to narrow the 42% attainment gap between deaf children and their peers
- Support for a national network of local deaf children’s societies across the country, offering vital local support
£15 gives a family with a newly identified deaf baby 30 minutes of free confidential support and information in over 100 languages from a fully qualified worker on our national Helpline.