Posted on 04.09.2023
Acorns Children’s Hospice provides care, support, fun and laughter for children and their families across the West Midlands. This support is offered from our three children’s hospices, based in Birmingham, Walsall and Worcester, and in the community.
Over the past year we’ve achieved so much thanks to the generosity of our supporters.
- Acorns has supported 757 children and 973 families, including those who have been bereaved.
- Our Acorns Family Services team provided 15,139 instances of vital emotional and practical support to family members, including; one-on-one therapeutic work, bereavement support, group work and advocacy.
- An Outreach team of Nurses and Clinical Support Workers provide care to families within their home. In the past year, Acorns conducted 1,048 Outreach visits to families.
- Our Sibling Workers have supported over 200 siblings at Acorns in the past year, through focused groups, individual therapeutic based sessions, and bespoke programmes.
- We have completed the refurbishment of our Black Country Hospice and have forged wonderful partnerships within the community to ensure families continue to receive the care and support they need whilst the work takes place.
- Acorns made history as the first hospice in Britain to win the UNICEF Rights Respecting gold award, recognising our commitment to the United Nation’s Rights of the Child.
Childlife supporters are helping to make all this possible with their ongoing support and dedication. On behalf of the children and families we support, thank you so much.
Christina is the Senior Manager – Individual Giving & Legacies at Childlife member charity, Acorns Children’s Hospice.