Writing a new Will or amending an existing Will

If you are writing a new Will, it’s a great time to add in a charity gift (known as a legacy), so that you can keep on supporting your favourite cause for years to come.  It could be a specific amount, or a percentage of your estate, it really is entirely up to you, and your wishes can be properly carried out when they are detailed in your Will.

If you already have a Will, you’ll need to amend it (known as a Codicil) to include a charity gift.

In either case, a Solicitor or professional Will Writer of your choice can help you with this.   If you do include Childlife in your Will, thank you so much – if you can, please let us know and we will keep a note for future reference.

Wording in your Will

Your Solicitor or professional Will Writer will help you to put your wishes into words, but we suggest this as a starting point:

‘I give to Childlife, Westmead House, Farnborough, GU14 3EP, registered charity number 1080536 (England and Wales), ….. (insert percentage in numbers and words) % of my estate/the sum of £ ….. (insert amount in numbers and words)/specific item(s) (specify these) ……….. to be used for its general charitable purposes and I declare that the receipt of the Treasurer or duly authorised Officer shall be a full and sufficient discharge for my Executors.’

Our details

Registered Charity Name: Childlife

Registered Charity Number: In England and Wales: 1080536

Registered Charity Address: Westmead House, Farnborough, GU14 3EP

Contact for solicitors enquiries

If you are a solicitor dealing with an estate where Childlife is a beneficiary, please Contact Us here or call us on 01252 628072.

Back to top